The Music program at De La Salle is a performance-based, concert-band (brass, woodwind and percussion) program. We offer seven concert bands and two jazz bands.
Students participate in local and international music festivals and competitions as well as numerous charitable and fundraising initiatives. In the last few years, student musicians have been awarded 9 gold and 5 silver medals at the Heritage Festival.
Students explore, perform, and respond to music from a variety of cultural influences, styles, composers, and historical periods. They develop a lifelong community engagement with music as a performer, listener, audience member, supporter, advocate, and consumer.
Students examine relationships of music to other fine arts and to other fields of knowledge and explore connections between music skills and those required beyond the classroom and in the workplace.
• Annual Christmas and Spring concerts
• Graduate Recital adjudicated by Dr. Cameron Walter, U of T Faculty of Music
• Biannual Coffee House socials
• Workshops with visiting clinicians and composers
• DELIAC (Del Integrated Arts Camp)
• Ontario Band Association Festival
• Kiwanis Festival • Heritage Festival (NYC, Boston, New Orleans, Orlando)
• Toronto Santa Claus Parade
• Lasallian Idol (ShareLife Day)
• Fundraiser for the Halliburton Scout Reserve
• Meghan’s Walk at Fort York