De La Salle Grads...
- Will have an intellectual, spiritual and social foundation based on the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Will have a level of literacy in writing and speech that reflects both deep and original thought.
- Will foster a lifestyle of compassion, humility and justice that contributes to the virtue of the world as well as to its power.
- Will think critically, competently and ethically and apply what has been learned here to real life.
- Will demonstrate self-discipline in demeanor and organisation in all responsibilities and personal accountability for learning.
- Will approach their studies with a strong sense of academic integrity.
- Will be aware of Canada’s unique position in an interdependent world.
- Will present themselves with a confidence that never becomes arrogance, with security that never becomes haughtiness, and with compassion that never becomes condescension.
Meet Our 2016 Graduates
Years at Del: Original 5
Media, Performance and Design, School of the Arts -York University
Years at Del: 9-12
University of Waterloo
Checking in with the Class of 2016
Recently we connected with a few of De La Salle's 2016 Graduates to see how they are doing in their first year of University. We wanted to know things like how they were enjoying their choice of Program and University; besides academics, what have they learned about being a University student; how they are continuing to live the Lasallian Mission; how well they believe Del prepared them for the post-secondary experience; and, any advice they would give to Del's current Senior Students.
What we were happy to find out is that thus far University has been a very positive and exciting experience for our Grads. They all feel very grateful for the lessons they learned from their Grade 12 teachers; and although they acknowledge that University is no walk in the park, they believe they are more prepared than their classmates because of their Del education.
These five students have allowed us to share their reflections and experiences with all of you in an effort to help you through the preparation and transition from De La Salle to University life.